Leading the Coast Guard’s investigation program to promote safety, protect the environment, and to prevent future accidents, the motto of the Office of Investigations & Analysis is “We keep history from repeating itself.” The office has three divisions: The Investigations Division, the Analysis Division, and the Data Administration and FOIA Division.
Day-to-Day Activities and Key Processes include:
* Manage marine casualty and pollution investigation programs.
* Manage pollution notice of violation program.
* Manage violation investigations; adjudicated by Hearing Officer.
* Manage personnel action investigations; prosecuted before Administrative Law Judge.
* Conduct administrative clemency boards.
* Manage drug and alcohol testing program.
* Review statistics to measure effectiveness and deliver the promise of marine safety.
* Support field in all of the above policy issues.
This coin salutes the men and woman who serve this office, past and present.
Minted in a brass alloy, the exposed metal has an antique finish, while the majority of the coin is imbued with durable, high gloss enamel depicting the colors of the emblem of the Office and that of the seal of the Coast Guard.
Each coin measures 1 3/4 inch (44mm) in diameter.
This is a surplus NWTM item. Packaging may vary.
This coin features an out of date design and will not be remade after product is sold out.